Jul 18, 2011

Email Scam Alert: Lost Wallet During a Trip Abroad

This morning, I was shock to see an email from one of my good friends.  In his email, he stated that he is in Spain and lost his wallet and cellphone.  Therefore, he does not have any money.   And then he is asking if I can loan him 2,850 Euros!

Oh my gossh!  Is this true?! What happened to Andy!?  Is he ok? I just met-up with him the other day.

This is definitely a scam!

Anyway, even if I had some cash at hand, I wouldn't be willing to lend it to him because my money is tied-up with something as well.

What I did was... at around 9am... I called up Andy straight away.  He also answered me on the second ring.  That's weird.  The email said he also lost his phone.  And so I asked him if he is in Singapore.  He directly said that he is in Singapore and that I must have received a SCAM EMAIL.

For your reference, here is the actual email that I have received:


From: GS Soh Andy [mailto:andy_ssu@yahoo.com.sg]
Sent: 18 July, 2011 7:11 AM
To: andy_ssu@yahoo.com.sg
Subject: Hi


Hope you get this on time, i made a quick trip to Spain for a Program, I'm presently in Madrid and am having some difficulties here because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money, credit card and cell phone were kept. presently i have limited access to internet, I will like you to assist me with a loan of 2,850 Euros to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.


I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, I'll Refund the money back to you as soon as I return, let me know if you can be of any help. I don't have a phone where I can be reached. Please let me know immediately.




Warmest Regards ,
Soh Guan Seek (Andy)
Handphone No: 91066092
CES Certified R011663J
FER Properties Pte Ltd
200 Jln Sultan, #02-41, Textile Centre
Singapore 199018
Tel: 63355259 Fax:63396358
L3008094E
Email: andy_sso@yahoo.com.sg


Property blog: http://andywark-serane.blogspot.com/

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended only for the named recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any this directed transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute or copy any part of this message. Please notify sender via email immediately.


As you have noticed, it does not even state my email address nor my name.  This exactly means that this email was sent to a lot of persons and put them all in the BCC section of the mail recipient.

Scam! Scam!  Scam!

To you out there, be vigilant with all these email scams.  They are everywhere looking for the right prey.  So don't be the prey.  It's always best to check on the person to where the email is coming from.  If you don't no the person sending the email, ignore it!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be human and humane. Vulgarities and Spams will not be published. Thanks.

- Jack -