Oct 2, 2011

How to Remove or Hide the Blogger Blogspot Navigation Bar

I've been looking for a way to remove the Blogger navigation bar from the topmost portion of this little blog of mine.   I got it when I chose to use a simple and classic Blogger template.

My reason for removing it?  Well, I just don't want my Blogger blog to be obviously seen as a Blogger blog.  He-he-he!  Dont get me wrong.  Having a navigation bar in there is pretty handy sometimes.  But most of my friends say that this bar makes my obvious blogspot blog a blogspot blog.  Got it?

Removing or hiding it is easy actually.

remove blogspot navigation bar hide blogger navigation bar hide blogger login bar




Just logon to your Blogger account.  Click on Design tab ; click on Edit HTML.

Copy the script below and insert it anywhere in your template.
#navbar
{height: 0px;
visibility: hidden;
display: none;
}
On my case, since this is a "top navigation bar", I put the script just before the variable declarations.  See this image below:
remove blogspot navigation bar hide blogger navigation bar hide blogger login bar

After this, the Blogger navigation bar will disappear giving your blog a not so Blogspot-like. :D  And if you somehow miss it and you'd like to see that navigation bar again, simple delete the script that you had inserted.

That's all there is to it.  This is a simple How-To but like I said, easy isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be human and humane. Vulgarities and Spams will not be published. Thanks.

- Jack -