Jul 7, 2011

Top of the World by The Carpenters

This is an all-time favorite song famous world wide.  It first came out in 1973 and has topped the Billbord Hot 100 during that year.

And again, I'm am posting this song here to compliment the Cebu Pacific Promo : Otap of the World!.

For the lyrics and chords, here it is:

Top of the World
by The Carpenters




D                A      G    D                   F#m      Em   A7     D
Such a fellin?s coming over me, There is wonder is most everything I see

        G           A            F#m        B7
Not a cloud in the sky, Got the sun in my eyes

       Em                            A7
And I won?t be surprised if it?s a dream.

   D          A         G      D            F#m           Em A7       D
Everything I want the world to be,  Is now coming true especially for me

           G       A            F#m            B7
And the reason is clear, it?s because you are near

              Em                              A7
You?re the nearest thing to heaven that I?ve seen

        D                        G
I?m on top of the world looking down on creation,

          D       Em            D     D7
And the only explanation I can find

         G              A7          D                  G
Is the love that I?ve found, ever since you?ve been around,

             D             Em A7      D
Your love?s put me at the top of the world.





And here is a YouTube video of the song:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be human and humane. Vulgarities and Spams will not be published. Thanks.

- Jack -