Dec 1, 2010

How to Disable COPY AND PASTE in your Blog

I have just came across with something interesting to me being a newbie blogger.  It's all about preventing others to COPY-and-PASTE your own blog's content.   You might say that my blog contains nothing that precious.  And you can be right about that.  But I will apply it to my blog anyway.  He-he-he!

Here is how it is done.

<!-- Disable Copy and Paste-->
<script language='JavaScript1.2'>
function disableselect(e){
return false
}
function reEnable(){
return true
}
document.onselectstart=new Function (&quot;return false&quot;)
if (window.sidebar){
document.onmousedown=disableselect
document.onclick=reEnable
}
</script>


Just insert the above script anywhere in between <head> and </head> tag.
In my case, I inserted it just before "</head>".

And that should do it.

However, this doesn't really give you a 100% guarantee that you content "cannot be copied or stolen".  Some  geeks can still do it.  But we are just making it just a little harder for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be human and humane. Vulgarities and Spams will not be published. Thanks.

- Jack -