Oct 1, 2010

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz


I was walking my way from lunch and I heard this song from a group of young students.  They were sitting on a bench singing in chorus with a lone iPhone in front of them.  I see they are really enjoying it.

In an instant, I remembered my daughters (ages 8 & 10).  Both are not good singer but both of them really loves to sing, specially the eldest.

One time, they were on an excursion to a convent in a remote parish in a mountain.  They were one group of "angels and choirs" to perform in the church during the mass.  On their way, somebody strum the guitar.  And everybody started singing.   Yes, the song they sung is I'm Yours.   Everybody sung except my daughters who don't know the song.

The moment they arrived home, they ask me to find the song online with just the word "love-love-love".  Anyway, I was able to find the correct one in 20 minutes.  :D

My angels were very happy!

So, here's the song lyrics and a YouTube video of it.
I got this song from Ultimate-Guitars.com.   I purposely included the chords for my personal reference as I can play a guitar too.  'Loved this song!


I'm Yours
by Jason Mraz


G

Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it 
    D 
I tried to be chill but your so hot that I melted 
   Em
I fell right through the cracks, 
C
now I'm tryin to get back 
                 G
before the cool done run out I'll be givin it my best test 
         D
and nothin's gonna stop me but divine intervention 
     Em
I reckon it's again my turn 
    C                  D
to win some or learn some 
G              D
But I wont hesitate
            Em
No more, No more
           C               G---D---Em---C----(D again if it feels good)
It can not wait; I'm Yours

         G
Well open up your mind and see like me 
   D
open up your plans and damn you're free 
   Em
look into your heart and you'll find 
C
love love love love 
                G
listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing
Em
We're just one big family
   C                                               D
And it's our godforsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved 

G                D
So, i won't hesitate 
              Em
no more, no more,
          C              G
 it cannot wait i'm sure 
G                            D                     Em
there's no need to complicate our time is short 
                 C
this is our fate
          G
I'm yours 

(Pretty much just g d e c but wutever u find works !!!)
 
 G
I've been spendin' way too long checkin' my tongue in the mirror 
 D
and bendin' over backwards just to try to see it clearer 
E
But my breath fogged up the glass 
C
and so I drew a new face and I laughed 
G
I guess what I'd be sayin' is there ain't no better reason 
D
to rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons 
E
it's what we aim to do 
C
our name is our virtue 
G -----------> D ------------>
But I won't hesitate no more, 
      E  ------------->C
no more it cannot wait
--------->
I'm yours 
G
Well open up your mind and see like me 
D                                                     E
open up your plans and damn you're free 
                            C              
look into your heart and you will find that the sky is yours 
G
so please don't, please don't, please don't, 
D
there's no need to complicate, 
                 E
Cause our time is short 
                                C
This, this, this is our fate, 
END ON G
I'm yours





Enjoy !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be human and humane. Vulgarities and Spams will not be published. Thanks.

- Jack -